41st and Cuba

Mexican flower embroidered dress - Gold rope tassel belt self made - Grey bag Ferragamo - Tan shoes Franco Sarto

This is the corner of 41st street and Cuba Avenue. Its part of my neighbourhood. I use to live just right around the corner. 
Today's choice of wear was a Mexican dress, it proved to be perfect for doing errands, however I will take it for additional alterations. Already had it shortened but the width needs a few inches taken in. In the meantime a tassel belt I made a few years ago kept it together. 
Being on day 11 of a three month shopping ban is a good opportunity to take all clothes that are pending to be altered to the tailor. So instead of buying new clothes I am having the ones I already own adjusted for a perfect fit. 



8 comments

Sheila said...

That's a great idea, especially if you're on a self-imposed ban. I love that you made the tassel belt.

Straight A Style said...

Love the dress! I grew up going to Mexico with my grandparents and parents. I always loved dresses like this.

Amy Ann
Straight A Style

Laura B said...

That dress is beautiful! I love the embroidery and your belt looks amazing with it! I should be better about altering my clothes. It makes such a difference!

Óscar said...

¡Hola, Lorena! Iba a decirte que me encanta tu vestido... pero no creo que sea necesario, pues ya sabes que los bordados y los tonos dorados son dos de las cosas que más me apasionan en el mundo! Es una propuesta ideal, la adoro!

Un beso,
Le Style et Moi

Mica said...

I love that belt with the dress - you should still belt it even after it's altered as it's a lovely look.

Spending your money on alterations instead of on new clothes is a great idea too! :) Hope it really improves your wardrobe :)

Porcelina said...

That belt is fabulous, clever lady!

drollgirl said...

love the picturesque setting and the fabulous dress!

i have to cut down on the shopping. I MUST. i recently cleaned out one of my closets and tried on everything (UGH -- exhausting!), and got rid of what didn't fit and what I never wear. 'tis better to weed out the stuff that doesn't work and most likely never will!

LyddieGal said...

I love the beauty and simplicity of the embroidered dress, the tassel belt looks like it was meant for it, and I appreciate your commitment to always getting things altered so they fit you best!
http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/